Today’s topic: Who. ME that’s who! I’m going to break my life down into a list of the top 10 most important things about me (rather the first 10 things that come to mind).
- I am starting my sixth year as a teacher. My teaching experience is mostly in third grade, with one year as an intern in fourth. This year, I am making the move down to second grade at a new school in a new district. I am sure these little eight-year-olds will fill my life with countless moments of entertainment and I can’t wait to meet my new little crew on Wednesday!
- This year, I created a website called Teacher Creator’s Toolbox. It is a compilation of video tutorials packed with tips and tricks to help you get started with selling on Teachers Pay Teachers. Prior to teaching, I worked in marketing and this website is my way of sharing my expertise in both fields in an effort to help teachers transform their lesson plans into marketable classroom resources.
- When I’m not teaching, blogging or creating classroom resources, you will find me outside. The beautiful weather in California makes it easy to hike, bike, or take in the ocean view most months of the year. I never have, and probably never will, live anywhere else (unless you have a house in Tahiti you need me to move in to).
- I am married to the funniest guy I know and have been for two years now. Prior to getting married, we dated for 8 years and prior to dating, we were friends for 10 years. I met the guy when I was 7 years old and it was love at first sight (totally joking). BTW if you are a master at multi-step word problems you now know how old I am.
- We do not have any human children (yet) but we do have a fur child named Gizmo. He is the longest and clumsiest Cardigan Welsh Corgi on the planet and he never fails to crack me up daily. His extreme body length makes it challenging to transport him here and there, but he seems to tag along on most hikes, family visits, and beach adventures (he’s too lovable to leave behind).
- I am obsessed with Mac and Cheese. I eat it too much of it too often. If you know of a support group, don’t tell me about it.
- I’m insanely good at memorizing song lyrics but you’d probably rather not hear me sing. This does not stop me from singing every word of every song in the car.
- I don’t like talking on the phone and am horrible at returning voice mails.
- My husband and I love to travel. Visiting many places around the world has deepened my appreciation for the wonderful place we live. My favorite thing about a long vacation is jumping in my own bed the day I get home.
- Some last minute random things: being late makes me jitter, when people watch me teach I break out in nervous hives, I fluff my couch pillows at least three times a day, I always fall asleep within five minutes of laying down, and I love interior decorating.
That’s all for today’s topic! Stop by tomorrow’s topic: Where: A Look At My Classroom Digs.